BBC - Weather Centre - Forecast for Llandudno, United Kingdom

Tuesday 4 August 2009

A Step Too Far

Didn t climb as much as i d have liked last weekend.Friday i tried Katz s route Carinthian Groove in the evening. Really cool route! This starts up the hard 7a+ boulder problem Mr Whippy.After the jug you do perhaps a Font 7b+ section to join the route Foulish Ghoulish which it follows to the top. Danny almost did it once but being a route punter these days he fell off the top not knowing what to do. Mawsons has also done the moves. I couldn t do it their rockover way but managed the crux via a dynamic pop to the high crimpy pinch.Quite low percentage from the deck i reckon but its really only 1 move.Great route though and worthy of 8b i d say. Something else to do! Sat went down LPT with Pete. He s still seiging LA and slowly making progress. I had a quick blast up it myself.Felt pretty good but i have been thinking about this climb and i think it probably won t be on the cards for this year. For one there is so much i want to do.I haven t got the time to invest everything into this route. i m really psyched for ticking some 8a+s.8bs and maybe 8b+. Also i m not in good enough shape for LA after all this is a really hard link. Pete is stronger and fitter than me and he is having a right battle! I do want to do Liquid but feel relaxed about when. I am definetely encouraged by how my efforts on it have gone. After i had three more redpoints on Pas de Deux.Close but not close enough,tis proving a tricky redpoint. I have been thinking about the link from Melancholie,very inspiring!

No comments: